This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Carl Hopf does not own or control, or to individuals that Carl Hopf does not employ or manage.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
We receive and store any information you enter on the Websites or Services or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our Website’s or Service’s features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the content and advertising you see, and communicating with you about specials, surveys and new products and services. In order for you to use our Websites and Services, you are not required to register; however, you must register to take advantage of certain features of the Websites or Services. To register, you must provide your e-mail address, a username and password. We may also request demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalized service, but this information is optional.
Automatic Information. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Carl Hopf automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Carl Hopf cookie information, and the page you requested. Carl Hopf uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the Website or Service. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Websites or Services and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. This data is only used in the aggregate. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Website or Service, so we can make the Website or Service appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Website or Service. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our Website or Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal web experience.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Carl Hopf if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We also send out e-mails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please contact us at [email protected]
For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Like the information you provide to us, we do not share this information with anyone except authorized third parties in connection with providing you with our Service.
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- Protection of Carl Hopf and Others. We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Carl Hopf, our employees, our users, or others. Carl Hopf may disclose personal information to parties in compliance with Carl Hopf’s Copyright Policy, as Carl Hopf in its sole discretion believes necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, Carl Hopf may disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Your Carl Hopf account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Carl Hopf allows you to access the following information about you for the singular purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information.
- You are able to add or update certain information. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Carl Hopf account by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Carl Hopf features.
Carl Hopf Websites or Services are not intended for children under 13 years old. You must be over 13 to access our Websites or Services.