- Your Agreement to the Terms.
- Changes to the Terms.
- Provision of the Websites and Services Generally.
- Location of the Websites and Services.
- User Conduct.
- Terms Relating to Content on the Websites and Services.
- Third Party Websites and Content; Links.
- Participating in Our Community: Registered Users.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- Copyright Complaints; DMCA Compliance.
- Termination of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous Terms.
Please read these terms carefully because they apply to your use of all of the websites and services that Carl Hopf operates, including the products, applications and services provided through the Websites (collectively, the “Services”). Websites include, but are not limited to, the websites operated at http://carlhopf.com or http://c-droid.com . Services include, but are not limited to, the applications listed and made available from Amazon-AppstoreSlideMeGoogle-Play . Carl Hopf has it’s business office at Birkenweg 6, 01468 Moritzburg, Germany.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing with Carl Hopf, your use of any Website or Service will always be subject to, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to as the “Master Terms.”
In addition, your use of any Website or Service may also be subject to the terms of any legal notice applicable to the Website or Service, in addition to the Master Terms. All such terms supplementing these Master Terms are referred to below as the “Additional Terms.” Where Additional Terms apply to a Website or Service, these will be accessible for you to read either within, or through your use of, that Website or Service.
The Master Terms, together with any Additional Terms, form a binding legal agreement between you and Carl Hopf in relation to your use of the Websites and the Services. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the “Terms.” If there is any contradiction between the Additional Terms and the Master Terms, then the Additional Terms shall take precedence in relation to the Website or Service to which the Additional Terms apply.
YOUR ACCESS OR USE OFANY WEBSITE OR SERVICE IN ANY WAY SIGNIFIES THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. By accessing or using any Website or Service you also represent that you have the legal authority to accept the Terms on behalf of yourself and any party you represent in connection with your use of any Website or Service. If you do not agree to the Terms, you are not authorized to use any Website or Service.
From time to time, Carl Hopf may change, remove, add to (including without limitation by way of Additional Terms) or otherwise modify the Terms, and reserves the right to do so in its discretion. In that case, we will post the updated Master Terms or Additional Terms, as relevant, to the applicable Website(s) and indicate the date of revision. We encourage you to periodically review the Terms. In addition, if our modifications are material, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you electronically. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or we may display a notice on the Websites indicating that the Terms have changed. All new and/or amended Terms take effect immediately; provided, however, that if deemed material by Carl Hopf it its sole discretion, such new and/or additional material terms will be marked as such and will take effect 30 days after they are posted on the applicable Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, (i) no modification to the Terms will apply to any dispute between you and Carl Hopf that arose prior to the effective date of any modification and (ii) if you do not agree with any modification to the Terms, you may terminate this agreement by ceasing use of the Websites and Services. Your continued use of any Website or Service after new and/or revised Terms are effective indicate that you have read, understood and agreed to those Terms.
Carl Hopf makes the Websites and Services available to you on the Terms. You may only use the Websites and Services in accordance with these Master Terms and any applicable Additional Terms. In particular but without limitation, you may not use the Websites and Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Master Terms, any applicable Additional Terms, or any other conditions or notices that are made available on any Website or Service.
Carl Hopf provides all Websites, Services, information, tools and licenses on an “as-is” basis. Carl Hopf makes no warranties regarding any information, tools or licenses provided on or through the Websites and Services, and disclaims liability for damages resulting from their use.
The Websites and Services are controlled and offered by Carl Hopf from its facilities in Germany. Carl Hopf makes no representations that the Websites or Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you are accessing or using any Website or Service from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Websites may contain or provide links to Content (defined in Section 8, below) hosted on websites located outside of Germany.
Users agree not to use the Websites or Services to:
- Post, use or transmit Content that you do not have the right to post or use, for example, under intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other applicable laws;
- Post, use or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized Content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising;
- Post, use or transmit Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Websites or Services or servers or networks connected to the Websites or Services, or that disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Websites or Services;
- Post or transmit Content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
- Intimidate or harass another;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account, service, or personal information;
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features that enforce limitations on the use of the Websites or Services;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Websites or Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Websites or Services, through hacking password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites or Services or any activities conducted through the Websites or Services;
- Use any means to bypass or ignore robot.txt, or other measures we use to restrict access or use of the Websites or Services;
- Impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Post or transmit any personally identifiable information about persons under 13 years of age.
In addition, you may not (and may not authorize another party to): (i) frame or otherwise co-brand the Websites or Services (for example, by displaying a name, logo, trademark or other means of attribution of a third party that is reasonably likely to give the user the impression that that third party has the right to display, publish or distribute the Website or Service); or, (ii) use any Website or Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair such Website or Service, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Website or Service.
- Responsibility for Content. You understand that all material, data and information, such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images (collectively, “Content”) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Websites and Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This includes assertions that persons may make, expressly or impliedly, about the provenance and ownership of Content that they supply, upload, list and/or link to. You acknowledge that Carl Hopf does not make any representations or warranties about the Content, including without limitation, about the accuracy, integrity or quality of the Content made available at the instigation of users of the Websites and Services. You understand that by using the Websites and Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances is Carl Hopf liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to: any infringing Content, any errors or omissions in Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted to, linked to or otherwise accessible or made available via the Websites and Services.
- Licenses Associated With Content on the Websites and Services. You acknowledge and agree that if you use any of the Websites or Services to contribute Content to the Website or Services, Carl Hopf is hereby granted a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable right to fully exploit such Content (including all related intellectual property rights) and to allow others to do so. To the extent allowed by law, the foregoing includes all rights of paternity, integrity, disclosure and withdrawal and any other rights that may be known as or referred to as “Moral Rights”. To the extent you retain any such Moral Rights under applicable law, you hereby ratify and consent to any action that may be taken with respect to such moral rights by Carl Hopf and agree not to assert any Moral Rights with respect thereto. You warrant, represent and agree that you have the right to grant Carl Hopf and our Websites or Services the rights set forth above.
- Content You Provide. You may only submit Content to the Websites or in connection with the Services that you have the right to submit. This means that you can only submit Content that you yourself create, that is in the public domain or that you have been expressly granted the right to submit consistent with the Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, Content that infringes the rights of any third party (e.g., Content used without express permission of the copyright owner and not otherwise permitted by law) must not be submitted. You represent, warrant and agree that no Content of any kind submitted, posted or otherwise shared by you on or through any of the Websites or Services, violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights, or contains libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. Further, you represent, warrant and agree not to submit any personally identifiable information, including any Content containing personally identifiable information, about any person who is under 13 years of age.Carl Hopf may, but is not obligated to, review your submissions and may delete or remove (without notice) any Content in its sole discretion that Carl Hopf determines violates the Terms or that may be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of others. Carl Hopf does not endorse or support any Content posted by you or any other third party on or through the Websites or Services. You alone are responsible for creating backup copies and replacing any Content you post on the Websites or Services, and you authorize Carl Hopf to make copies of your Content as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting of your Content on the Websites or Services. You may request the removal of your Content from the Websites or Services at any time, and Carl Hopf will take reasonable steps to promptly remove such Content; provided, however, that Carl Hopf can remove any such Content only from its Websites and cannot remove Content from email archives and similar community forums where you may post content, or others’ computers, such as Content you may have sent to others in an email posted to a email list. If you choose to remove your Content, the license you granted when submitting such Content will remain in full force and effect in accordance with its terms.
- You may download or copy the Content, and other items displayed on the Websites or Services for download, for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. You shall not store any significant portion of any Content in any form. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Carl Hopf, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content’s copyright notice. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names which appear on the Website or Service (other than those appearing in any Content posted by a User) are proprietary to Carl Hopf and/or third parties. You shall abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Website or Service. The Website is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in this Section of the Subscriber Agreement), create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Services in whole or in part. By using the Websites or Services, you agree that you are solely responsible for your use of any and all Content made available thereon. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the provenance, ownership, accuracy, completeness, or reliability of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content made available on the Websites or Services without your own independent evaluation of that Content. Carl Hopf does not guarantee that Content made available on the Websites or Services does not infringe the rights of any third party.
The Websites or Services may contain links to websites not controlled by Carl Hopf (“Third Party Websites”), as well as Content belonging to or originating from persons or organizations other than Carl Hopf (“Third Party Content”). You acknowledge that Carl Hopf is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Websites or any Third Party Content, information or products made available at any Third Party Website. You further acknowledge that Carl Hopf (a) is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Websites or any Third Party Content, information or products made available at any Third Party Website; (b) has not reviewed any Third Party Websites or Third Party Content for accuracy, appropriateness, completeness or non infringement; (c) has not sponsored or otherwise endorsed Third Party Websites or Third Party Content; and (d) makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any Third Party Websites or Third Party Content.
Registering for an account on any of the Websites and Services is void where prohibited. Only persons who are over the age of majority in their jurisdiction (which typically is 18, but may be different in your jurisdiction) and fully competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in the Terms and to abide by and comply with the Terms may register for an account and use the related Services; provided, however, that if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction but over 13 years of age, you may join with the express permission of your parent or legal guardian. Any registration by, use of or access to the Services provided to Registered Users (defined below) by anyone (1) under the age of 13 or (2) under the age of majority in their jurisdiction but without parental or guardian permission, is unauthorized, unlicensed and a violation of these Master Terms. By registering for an account on any of the Websites or using the related Services, you represent and warrant that you (1) are the age of majority in your jurisdiction or, (2) are over the age of 13 and have the express permission of a legal guardian to become a Registered User and use Services made available to Registered Users, and you further agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of these Master Terms and any applicable Additional Terms.
Services offered to Registered Users are provided subject to these Master Terms and any Additional Terms specified on the relevant Website. Carl Hopf reserves the right to modify or discontinue the accounts of Registered Users and related Services at any time. Carl Hopf disclaims any and all liability to Registered Users and third parties in the event Carl Hopf exercises its right to modify or discontinue user accounts or related Services.
Registration; Security. You agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you, if and as may be prompted by the registration process on the any of the Websites, (b) maintain the security of your password(s) and identification, (c) maintain and promptly update your registration information and any other information you provide to Carl Hopf, and to keep it accurate and complete to, among other things, allow us to contact you, and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that Carl Hopf has up-to-date contact information for you. You may not set up an account or membership on behalf of another individual or entity unless you are authorized to do so.
No Membership. As used in these Master Terms, “Registered User” means a person who has registered and obtained an account on one of our Websites. Becoming a Registered User or using any of the related Websites or Services does not and shall not be deemed to make you a member, shareholder or affiliate of Carl Hopf for any purposes whatsoever.
Termination; Termination and Inactivation of User Accounts. Your participation as a Registered User and use the related Services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of these Master Terms or applicable Additional Terms.
In addition, Carl Hopf may, at any time: (a) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to your user account for any reason; (b) modify or change such Websites and Services and any applicable Terms and policies governing your user account and related Websites and Services for any reason; and (c) interrupt user accounts and related Websites and Services for any reason, all as Carl Hopf deems appropriate in its discretion. Your access to your account, and use of the related Websites and Services may be terminated by you or by Carl Hopf at any time and for any reason whatsoever, without notice.
In addition, Carl Hopf reserves the right to delete and purge any account and all Content associated therewith following any prolonged period of inactivity, all as may be determined by Carl Hopf in its complete discretion.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, Carl Hopf OFFERS THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Carl Hopf DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT Carl Hopf’S SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Carl Hopf DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THEN ONLY TO THAT EXTENT, IN NO EVENT WILL Carl Hopf, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS (“THE Carl Hopf PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, LOST PROFITS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES (OR THE TERMINATION THEREOF FOR ANY REASON), EVEN IF THE Carl Hopf PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE Carl Hopf PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WHATSOEVER IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES (INCLUDING CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT RELATING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES, FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES, OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES WHETHER ON THE WEBSITES, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Carl Hopf Parties (defined above) from and against any and all loss, expenses, damages, and costs, including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Carl Hopf Parties from and against any and all claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of any of the Websites or Services and the Content you make available via any of the Websites or Services by any means, including without limitation through a posting, a link, reference to Content, or otherwise.
Carl Hopf respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we prohibit users of our Websites and Services from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that violate another person’s intellectual property rights.
Carl Hopf complies with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). As required by the DMCA, a Designated Agent has been established with proper documentation sent to the US Copyright Office. Contact our designated agent to report alleged copyright infringement. The designated agent is:
Carl Hopf, Birkenweg 6, 01468 Moritzburg, Germany, +49 (163) 6362191
Additionally, it is our policy to terminate usage rights and any applicable user accounts of users we determine to be “repeat infringers” of others’ copyrights.
Content hosted on Third Party Websites is the responsibility of those Websites, and not of Carl Hopf. If you are the copyright owner of Content hosted on a Third Party Website, and you have not authorized the use of your Content, please contact the administrator of the hosting Website directly to have the Content removed.
These Master Terms and any Additional Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Carl Hopf as set out below. Your right to access and use the Websites and Services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of these Master Terms or Additional Terms that may apply to any of the Websites or Services.
Carl Hopf may, at any time: (a) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to any of the Websites or Services, or any portion of the Websites or Services, for any reason; (b) modify or change the Websites or Services, or any portion of the Websites or Services, and any Master Terms, Additional Terms and other policies governing the use of the Websites or Services, for any reason; (c) interrupt the operation of the Websites or Services, or any portion of the Websites or Services, for any reason, all as Carl Hopf deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Your access to, and use of, the Websites or Services may be terminated by you or by Carl Hopf at any time and for any reason. Carl Hopf will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance about any material modification, suspension or termination by Carl Hopf that is not caused by your breach of the Terms.
The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability and the jurisdiction and applicable law provisions shall survive any termination. The license grants mentioned herein shall continue in effect subject to the terms of the applicable license. Your warranties and indemnification obligations shall survive any termination for one year.
If any term or part of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any law or regulation or final determination of a competent court or tribunal, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The parties agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Carl Hopf as a result of these Master Terms, any Additional Terms, or your use of any of the Websites or Services. These Master Terms and any applicable Additional Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Carl Hopf relating to this subject matter and supersede all prior, contemporaneous and future communications (with the exception of future amendments to the Terms as made available by Carl Hopf from time to time) between you and Carl Hopf.
This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Carl Hopf does not own or control, or to individuals that Carl Hopf does not employ or manage.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
We receive and store any information you enter on the Websites or Services or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our Website’s or Service’s features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the content and advertising you see, and communicating with you about specials, surveys and new products and services. In order for you to use our Websites and Services, you are not required to register; however, you must register to take advantage of certain features of the Websites or Services. To register, you must provide your e-mail address, a username and password. We may also request demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalized service, but this information is optional.
Automatic Information. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Carl Hopf automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Carl Hopf cookie information, and the page you requested. Carl Hopf uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the Website or Service. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Websites or Services and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. This data is only used in the aggregate. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Website or Service, so we can make the Website or Service appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Website or Service. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our Website or Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal web experience.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Carl Hopf if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We also send out e-mails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please contact us at [email protected]
For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Like the information you provide to us, we do not share this information with anyone except authorized third parties in connection with providing you with our Service.
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- Protection of Carl Hopf and Others. We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Carl Hopf, our employees, our users, or others. Carl Hopf may disclose personal information to parties in compliance with Carl Hopf’s Copyright Policy, as Carl Hopf in its sole discretion believes necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, Carl Hopf may disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Your Carl Hopf account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Carl Hopf allows you to access the following information about you for the singular purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information.
- You are able to add or update certain information. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Carl Hopf account by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Carl Hopf features.
Carl Hopf Websites or Services are not intended for children under 13 years old. You must be over 13 to access our Websites or Services.